NOT FUNNY! True Tales of the Hilariously TragicShare +
Bender JCC of Greater WashingtonAdd to Calendar
Story District is proud to take part in The Lessans Family Annual Book Festival at the Rockville Jewish Community Center. Join us for a night of hilarious and heartfelt true stories about starting out with the best of intentions, and things going horribly wrong! Heavy hors d’oeuvres provided
About the show & cast
- Dying is easy, and comedy is hard, but John Tong tells the tale of a funeral that might be worse than both.
- Vija Nathani regrets her "by any means necessary" approach to finding a way to fit into the ultimate cocktail dress.
- Adam Ruben's plans to get his car serviced turn into an epic drama of man vs auto industry
- When laughing it off fails, Jenny Splitter tests temptation on a brutal diet to keep pace with her skinny family members
- A life-threatening medical emergency is no joke, especially at work in front of all of Mike Kane's peers.
- Katy Barrett unlocks the power of her animal brain to laugh off a late-night scare.
About the Festival
November 3-13, 2016
Who tells your story?
Our annual festival returns with an astounding array of authors and programs exploring storytelling through words, music and images. Among this year’s innovative programs, you’ll find a special nonpartisan Election Day talk featuring a local author, an adult coloring workshop, spoken word storytelling performances, a community read event, JBook, and an art exhibit connecting storytelling and visual arts. Join us to engage with those telling their stories and be inspired to connect with your own.