Tour de Telling The Long Climb Week 4
Great climbers usually win the Tour de France. There is no climb- more daunting than the climb to L'Alpe d'Huez riders must surmount its infamous 21 hairpins not once but twice in a single stage. Our own metaphorical bike race may be short on perilous mountain climbs and hairpin turns but there is no shortage of long slogs and sheer drive to get over the top!
The 5th place Bell Busters got their surge this past week with a successful calorie filled Pancake Breakfast. Their $210 donation from Karen Lee was the single largest of the week and means that Karen will be going home with a free ticket to an adult Dance Place class. Dance Place is also the weekly sponsor use the discount code LETOUR , for a 2-for-1 purchase to any DP show before December 31, 2014 (excluding the annual Gala in September).
Don’t forget the Bell Busters' ongoing Truth or Dare Challenge! Because there is nothing more fun than challenging team members to do outrageous and questionable things like “friend” their boss on Facebook or if you like, use them as your personal dating service. Mark your calendars their SpeakeasyDC Fundraiser Happy Hour @ The Passenger Monday, May 5 5:00pm. There the team will raise money the old fashioned way-- the more you drink the more the team earns so “bottom’s up” for SpeakeasyDC.
Kratos and the Enforcer made strong push out of the gate with their Bon-fire event. Kratos is of course a reference to the Greek god of strength, might, power and sovereign rule. He and his siblings, Nike (Victory), Bia (Force) and Zelos (Rivalry), were the winged enforcers of Zeus, so you can make a strong bet they will be enforcing their way up a few more steep climbs left in the race! At current they are still enforcing 5th place.
If sunshine, puppies, rainbows are more your thing, Free Wheelin’ Cyclepaths, currently in third place, have put together their Brunchy Fundraiser @ Meridian Hill Park this Sunday, May 4 at 11:30am - 2:00pm. RSVP Required. Bottomless mimosas? As if there was any other way!
First place team Tattle Tales will be hosting karaoke and madness at the TdT Gala Ball @ Tropicalia Wednesday, May 7th, 7pm-9pm. Join them as they take over this U-Street haunt in the spirit of all that is #TDT2014.
- SpeakeasyDC is recruiting new Board members! More »
- Tour de Telling $500 Challenge More »
- Tour de Telling Week 4 Powering On More »
- Tour de Telling Week 3 More »
- Tour de Telling Week 2 Shout Outs More »
- Tour de Telling Week 2 Round the Bend More »
- Tour de Telling Week 1 Wrap Up More »
- Not your typical DC meeting: Spring 2014 Tour de Telling Launch More »
- Are you ready for Tour de Telling? More »
- Tour de Telling’s First Prize Unlocked! More »
- Lend your voice to the DC Council to increase arts funding! More »
- Giving Thanks More »
- Why I Give More »
- Why I Support SpeakeasyDC More »
- Why I Give Time & Money More »
- Why I Give More »
- Confessions of a Desperate Fundraiser More »