SpeakeasyShorts Call for Actors
SpeakeasyShorts is a new type of film competition – a collaboration between filmmakers and storytellers. Eight filmmaking teams have only 5 days to write, shoot, edit-and screen a film based on stories from eight local storytellers. The kicker: none of the teams know anything about the stories before they are presented.
On November 14, filmmaking teams will discover which story they have been paired with — and have five days to create a short film (less than 8 minutes) based on a true tale. The films premiere November 22 — the audience votes for their favorites — and one team walks away with a $1,000 cash prize!
ACTORS INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING:
- Film teams will know what their casting needs will be until Friday, Nov. 14.
- You should be available for shoot days on Sat., Nov., 15 and Sun., Nov 16.
- If you are not available these dates, please do not apply.
- Send ONE headshot and resume in PDF format (only) to email@example.com SUBJECT LINE: CASTING CALL: Your Name
- Teams will contact you if they are interested in your services.
- If you are not contacted, you may also meet team leaders after the storytelling on Fri., Nov. 14.
- There is no pay for services, unless otherwise indicated by each team.
- There is no SAG-AFTRA contract for this event.
Stories: Friday, November 14, 7:30pm
Films: Saturday, November 22, 7:30pm and 9:30pm
Location: U.S. Navy Memorial Heritage Center’s Burke Theater, 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.
Web site and tickets: http://dcshorts.com/speakeasyshorts/